Sunday, October 8, 2006

superman

I have to admit,
I am losing grip.

When times like this happen to me, I wish for one thing. I wish I am Lois Lane who has a dependable superman. Just like her, I also want a superman who has two identities so that he will be able to save me and the whole human race from the pains and miseries that drown us. At the same time, he will be realistic enough to just stay by my side, hug me, comfort me, and assure me that he’ll never leave me and that everything will be alright. But for now, i'll settle for the more realistic identity.

I want a superman who will spare me from (and never cause me) any pain. I want a superman who will understand the fact that the pains I am feeling will never numb my feelings. Instead, those pains make me suffer even more especially when it happens all over again. But I am aware of the fact that pain and sorrow is inevitable, so I’ll understand if he fails at times.

I want a superman who will understand my nature. If my superman falls short of comprehending my whole being, he must, at least, know that humans get tired of understanding and enduring. He must also be aware of the fact that humans cease to be understanding of something when that something causes them so much pain.

I want a superman who will be able to show me his real self. But I also want a superman who will not hurt me (physically or emotionally) by just being himself. I want a superman who realizes that everything has a limit. I won’t expect my superman to change his character for me. I just want him to understand me so that he will know when I am hurting. All i want is for him to understand me too.

If my superman fails to do these simple and realistic things, then, I guess, that’s because I’m being too idealistic. Or perhaps I really can’t have him. Maybe, we are really not meant for each other. Maybe, we are not made for each other. After all, I am just me. I can never be like him—powerful, intelligent, optimistic, jolly, and fun to be with.

Coincidentally, Lois Lane and I are both journalists so I guess, it’s but okay to have hopes.

1 comment:

  1. aww.. ganyan din iniisip ko minsan... ei.. thanks for commenting on my post huh.. hehe

    ReplyDelete

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!