Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Faith

Last Monday, while my mom, my two aunts and I were on our way home from a seminar in Makati, Auntie Emmy questioned the Catholic's practice of praying in front of images and crucifixes. She insists that one of the Ten Commandments states that we shall not have other gods besides HIM. My mom immediately answered while my aunt was in the middle of her litany making their conversation very long. The whole taxi ride was basically almost about that. It was annoying, believe me.

Auntie Emmy is Born Again while Mama is Catholic. There's no way one of them will win the debate. The bottom line is that they have different faiths and that there's no point in questioning each other's beliefs. Nakakairita lang yung ingay nila sa taxi eh. Pareho pa silang ayaw magpatalo at magconcede. If I remember it right, the constitution states that we should respect the diverse religions practiced in the country. So what's the point of arguing?

Well I guess that's how people stand for what they believe in. No matter how baseless, senseless, unreasonable, and annoying their arguments are, they still fight for their faith, be it right or wrong.

I believe everyone of us has fought for that belief. I once fought for what i believed would make me happy. I believed hard. I had strong faith in what i felt, in what i thought was destined for me. But then some changes took place. Now, I have to forget about everything I believed in.

How hard is it? Here's my lame description of it: "right now, forgetting about that belief of mine is like forgetting that i exist. Hindi madali. Hindi pala talaga sapat kapag ikaw na lang ang naniniwala sa bagay na yun."

Oh well, papel. Siguro oras na nga talaga para magpatalo. Maybe it's about time I concede to what others believe in--that i should forget.

CHEERS!
HUUUUGGS everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well I guess that's how people stand for what they believe in. No matter how baseless, senseless, unreasonable, and annoying their arguments are, they still fight for their faith, be it right or wrong.

    i love this line! brilliant! :)

    miss you ny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thanks, brilliant na ang writing ko ;p

    oh well, papel. no matter how hard i try to give up that faith, hindi pa rin kaya eh. wahaha! i guess subrang ganun-ganun na lang yung paninindigan ko sa baseless, senseless, unreasonable, and annoying na faith na yun. ;c

    ReplyDelete

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!