Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Kabataan: PAGASA ng Bayan

I exercised my right to vote and it feels great! It made me feel less indifferent about my own country. And the indelible ink, it really doesn't fade that easily. Haha! Pasensya na. FIRST TIME KO EH! ;p

It took me less than 30 minutes to find my precinct number, write down my choice of candidates, and have my pointer finger stained by the indelible ink. Thanks to the NAMFREL people, it wasn't that hard for me to look for my name even if I still don't have my voter's ID.

I honestly wished somebody would hand me money in exchange of a single vote. Too bad, there weren't any people of those kind there. The only things handed to me were sample ballots. Bawal na nga yun eh, dba? PFT!

The 12 senatorial slots in my ballot weren't filled. I only voted eight candidates. I also didn't fill the slots for city councilor due to the fact that I don't know the candidates. In fact, I only wrote down two familiar names.

Right now, I'm tuned in to GMA's Eleksyon 2007 coverage. Pangilinan's children are on TV. They are so adorable. hehe! The latest partial/unofficial count on 24 Oras says Noynoy Aquino is on the lead.

*****

I didn't go to work today. I asked my trainer via SMS if there's any assignment for me today but he told me to just write any election-related articles in our place. Having read his reply, I didn't bother replying. I also didn't make any article since in the public school where i voted, nothing news worthy took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!