Saturday, June 23, 2007

fulfilling?

I'm watching MMK right this very moment and I had the heart to help 2nd Lt. Ariel Toledo by texting MMK GIVE to 2331. For 2.50php, I'd be able to help his family with his hospital bills. I really don't know what has gotten into me. I'm not really a fan of MMK and I usually don't use my credits for things of this sort. But maybe, just maybe, I'm someone who has a kind heart. I know I didn't waste anything for that.

After three months of service, Toledo was diagnosed of having bile cancer. He graduated Magna Cum Laude and Class Valedictorian in PMA last year. I must say, without a doubt that his life story really struck me. Or perhaps, Jake Cuenca playing the role really moved me. HEHE. Biased talaga! Sorry, I crush him a bit eh! ;p

Seriously, stories of true love move me. Toledo has a girlfriend who gave up her career just to be able to take care of an ailing loved one. As a woman myself, It takes great courage to face such problem. Since Toledo already lost his parents, he is only left with his siblings and his beloved girlfriend to support him. I admire the girl's strngth. Really.

Here's the message sent by MMK to me:

Anumang pagsubok ang dumating sa buhay, hindi na mahalaga ang sugat o sakit na iniiwan nito. Dahil mas importante pa rin ang mga aral na itinuturo sa atin ng bawat karanasan.

Taos-pusong ngpapasalamat si Lt. Ariel Toledo at kami sa MMK sa iyong tulong.

1 comment:

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!