Sunday, November 14, 2010

What's your happy thought?

Dear Juliet,

Even before Dexter and Gossip Girl and Glee, I've been really a fan of One Tree Hill. The latest episode of the series has this line delivered by Julian, which really struck a chord in my now-healthy heart.

Happiness is a mood and it's a condition, not a destination. It's like being tired or hungry. It's not permanent. It comes and goes and that's okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they'd find happiness a lot more often.
[~Julian of OTH♥]
 

Julian is right. Happiness is just like being tired and hungry. You feel it only once in a while. It passes in a blink of an eye and is never permanent. Notice how we're not happy every single day? That's because happiness is relative and sadly, seasonal too, if I may say.

This topic is so apt, considering my blog's URL is "happidezz." It's a play on the word happiness and my nickname Dez. I've always thought of myself as a happy person until some recent experiences. But in a span of a few months, I can say I've finally pulled through. Like happiness and hunger, misery is temporary too, right? So allow me to tell you what made me realize today that I'm in a happy state. Don't expect anything grandiose, for these are just petty things. You know me, I'm easy :)

1. The fact that people actually stop by this blog to read updates about my life. It's just surprising that my blog has now reached more than 2000 views already. [Believe me, I'm not bragging these 2000 views. It is only 0.1% of Chico Garcia's blog views. Most of the views might even probably be accounted to my narcissism. LOL!] 

It's also overwhelming that according to Blogger's stats, people from around the world happen to come across my entries. There are visitors from the US, Singapore, Qatar, Canada, France, Italy, Sweden, and China.

And do you know what's the most shocking of all? Brace yourself, okay? The most shocking of all is the fact that when you search "nagpapatulo ng isperma sa tubig" in Google, my blog will be one of the hits. Wow. How interesting, huh?! Well, that's because of an entry about Ronaldo Tinio's Poem, Sa Poetry. LOL!

2. People around me has always been supportive of me. Of course, first in line are my family. Mama has been very understanding of my grumpy mood. Meagan has become a good buddy. Daddy, as always, has been a source of strength.

And then there are friends who give me a pat on the back for doing such a great job with my life. There are people whose comforting words bring out the confidence in me. There are people who express their admiration of my strength. And people who keep me and my sanity in one piece. 

Today, I found happiness from an exchange of short messages with one of those people~a friend named Maj. These times make me really thank God for giving them to me.

3. Food. I hate to say this, but I've been really eating a lot lately. I guess I'm really happy now--my appetite is back to normal. Yikes! No matter how diligent I am in doing my Hiphop Abs everyday, I guess I'll really gain a lotta weight. With all the calories I'm taking in? Arrrgghh! I'll say hello to being fat again in no time =c

Anyways, yeah. Despite the sad reality that food will make me fat, I can't help myself but eat. Food and eating make me happy. Why should I restrict myself from feeling happy, diba? I guess I'll just think it this way: If happiness passes, then my cravings [which are mainly due to the happiness I derive from eating] shall pass too. Woot!

4. December is nearing! Wohoo! Soon, it'll be Christmas and I'm so excited! I always find the Yuletide season a happy season. [That's why I mentioned earlier that happiness is seasonal. LOL.] 

I like the idea of spending it with my family, eating the humble "handa" we have on our table, waiting for gift-giving time, and seeing the smile on my family's faces as they open my gifts to them.

5. My excitement to reach my destination. I don't really know what to expect, but one thing is for sure--On the day I reach my destination, when I find my perfect match, I'll have everything I deserve in life and most of my days will be filled with happiness =)

Hoping, waiting, believing.
★ Happidezz

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!