Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wicked Oreos

Dear Juliet,

Turns out this blog entry is the most popular in my blog. I hope this helps satisfy your Wicked Oreos craving! Feel free to leave a comment :)

I am not a good cook. In fact, I do not know how to cook at all. But on New Year's, I tried to prepare dessert. I did my version of Flaming Wings' Wicked Oreos. They were perfect for the occasion since they're round. And since it's my favorite, I was more than willing to prepare them for my family.


Modesty aside, my version was a whole lot better than Flaming Wings'. LoL. It must be the batter. Theirs has a distinct maruya-tasting batter, to be honest. That being said, please allow me to share my Wicked Oreos cooking prowess. LoL. Pagbigyan nyo na ako. I'm really proud of myself for having been able to do this yummy dessert. Haha!

So these are the no-sweat steps:

1. For the batter, I used ready-mixed pancake. (Choose your favorite brand, or try out Pillsbury.) I made sure the batter is thick enough to coat the Oreos. I lessened the water proportion so as not to make the batter overly runny.

2. I dipped the chilled Oreos in the batter.

3. I fried them until they're golden brown. I prefer my pancake coating a bit crispy :)

4. I served them with vanilla ice cream.

WICKED! ;p

There you go folks! You've just finished reading my first attempt at recipe-slash-food-blogging. Haha! Glad I wasted your time ;p

P.S. I got the inspiration for this dessert from John, when he prepared it during our baby shower for Jade. 

Hoping, waiting, believing. 
★ Happidezz

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!