Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Would Like to Thank My Sponsors for My BIRTHDAY Celebrations

Dear Juliet,

I turned 24 today! Oh. My. Gulay! My senior workmates kept telling me that I'm still so young. But I feel otherwise. I feel so old! Haha. 

Anyway, if you're interested to know how my day went, well, it was HAPPY and DANDY! What did I do? Nagtrabaho at nagpalaki ng puwet. Yes. Todo pwet exercise aka "lunges" ang lola nyo sa gym. Nagbaka-sakali lang ako kasi baka ibigay sakin ni Lord ang hinahangad kong pwet sa aking kaarawan. Flat kasi ang butt ko, mana sa aking inay. Haha.

Ok, now, dahil birthday ko naman, please allow me to narrate today's events. I was woken up by a call from an officemate. He greeted me and asked where our little office tropa will celebrate. I told him I don't know yet; I don't have money as I am DUKHA. He then told me to just spend the day with my family and promised that we're going to celebrate my birthday at Elyong's--a favorite inuman place of ours. I'm sure my officemates and I will have a great time! I'm excited! Sponsored ni officemate ang celebration na ito, I assume. Wuhoo! Thank God for generous officemates!

After the call, I got a big hug from Mommy. She thanked the Lord for my 24 years on Earth. Then, I started to receive messages from officemates and friends. They're the sweetest! I also opened my Facebook account to see my wall flooded with birthday greetings. To everyone of you who spent time to type a short birthday message for me, THANK YOU! ♥

At the office, the mood was upbeat. Everybody greeted me with smiles on their faces. Our dear CEO called and told us that he has meryenda for everyone since it's my and Ms. Tina's birthday. True enough, he came to the office with cake and palabok. YUM! So, kahit wala akong handa for my birthday, I had an instant sponsored office celebration. Maraming salamat sa aming boss. Saan ka naman makakaita ng CEO na nagpapakain para sa birthday ng empleyado nya, diba? I'm so lucky! I also received another cake and a birthday card from my officemates. Awesome! Our president also gave me a little gift and proclaimed her her birthday wish for me. She wished that I find a rich guy to be my boyfriend. Haha. Funny how everyone wished the same for me. Lahat yata ng tao concerned sa love life ko! Nakakatawa ;p

At the gym, I joined the spinning class. And then one of my friends brought tukneneng and kikiam for snacks. While we were eating, I told them it was my birthday. Their reactions were priceless! Haha. And then, after that, I worked my butt off--literally. Lunges, remember? Sakit tuloy ng pwet ko ngayon.

 After gym, a very generous gym mate treated us to Shawarma. Isn't that amazing?! I didn't really have plans for a gym celebration but I got another sponsorship! Buti na lang di type ni gym mate ang ulam nila sa bahay kaya nagyaya sya ng shawarma. Yehey! While waiting for gym mate to arrive, the gym instructors played music and put on the disco lights. I danced like a crazy woman. Haha. It was a happy night.


At home, I ate my cake with Mama and Mogs. I told them about my day and they listened intently. Though I went home late, I didn't get scolded. Birthday ko kasi, buti na lang :)

Overall, this day made me feel special. Special, in a good way--not the special-child-si-Dez kind of way. I realized how much people loved me. I wasn't really expecting anything for this day. I expected it to pass as an ordinary day, but people close to me made it extraordinary. They made sure that I am happy on my special day. And for these people, I am very thankful. I feel loved! Oh well, irresistible kasi talaga ang charms ko. I'm so adorable. Bwahahaha.

O, walang kokontra. Birthday ko naman ;p To end this entry, let me quote Nathan Scott:

"I realize now that when your heart breaks, you got to fight like hell to make sure you're still alive... 'cos you are. And that pain you feel? That's life. The confusion and fear? That's there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better and that something is worth fighting for."

I have to say, THIS LIFE IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR. Everything in my HERE and NOW is something worth fighting for. I'm so proud of myself for not giving up last year. I'm so glad I fought like hell. PAK!

Hoping, waiting, believing.
★ Happidezz

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!